Tuesday, May 1, 2007

LET GO AND LET GOD, YOU CAN'T FIX IT ANYWAY


To be able to love people when they are unlovely, you must learn to RECEIVE GOD'S LOVE when you have acted unlovely.

Above all things have intense and unfailing love for one another, for love covers a multitude of sins [forgives and disregards the offenses of others].

PETER WAS AN apostle who knew well the meaning of the words, "love covers a multitude of sins." Peter received three specific warnings from Jesus Christ and yet he denied his Lord three times. The memory of each painful failure was etched across his heart with untold grief. Surely he was not worthy of the Lord's kingdom. And yet when Christ arose, His love for Peter was unbroken.His love was as strong as it was tender in restoring the fallen apostle.

The capacity to love those who are unlovely begins with the understanding that God loved you when you were as unlovely as you could possibly be. "But God shows and clearly proves His [own] love for us by the fact that while we were still sinners, Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One) died for us" (Romans 5:8).With the love of God poured out in your heart (vs. 5) transforming you disregard the offenses of others.

LET GO AND LET GOD, YOU CAN'T FIX IT ANYWAY!

1 comment:

Miss Lynn said...

Let Go and Let God. This morning when I got to work I checked my work voice mail and there was a message from a young man who dialed the wrong number. The message came at 1:43am. He cursed this woman out like I've never heard before, calling her every nasty name in the book. Our voice mail system records the number a call came from. So, I heard his anger and decided to take a chance (blocking my cell phone number) and I called him. Told him he dialed a wrong number but that I was concerned because there was so much rage in his voice. To make a long story short, I ministered to him. I could tell he was younger than me so I told him my age and that I was old enough to be his mother, he was actually 31. I talked about how people can provoke us to be at their level, how the devil uses people to try to destroy us, etc. I shared scriptures, and the name of a relationship book on anger. He was very open, he apologized that I heard all that bad stuff he said on the voice mail. I told him God had him call my number for a reason. After talking to him, I realized that I knew who he was trying to call. I didn't say anything to her, I didn't want to get in the middle and my gut instinct said not to. He didn't know who I was, only that he left that message on a wrong number. I asked if I could pray for him and he said "please do", "I need a lot of prayer to get through this situation". He said he has never hit her and had no plans to do anything like that. My words were pretty much let it go, let God fight your battles. God uses us in odd ways, I know that message was left on my phone for a reason, so I acted. May God continue to use each of us to reach people, even if we don't personally know them. I learned a lot about this man's situation in a few minutes, I hope he learned a lot too.