Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Proverbs 16:3 (Wednesday)


Proverbs 16:3(KJV):

3 Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established.

Proverbs 16:3 tells us to give our works to the Lord and to commit and trust them wholly to Him. As we do this, He will cause our thoughts to become agreeable to His will. When we obey and do the will of God, our plans will be established and succeed, because they are the plans of God. When I am in doubt about what I should do in a certain situation, I ask the Lord, if what I am thinking and feeling is from Him, to put it stronger in my spirit. However, if those thoughts are not of Him, I ask Him to remove them from my mind and let me have His thoughts and plans. We must not be led by circumstances, nor should we be led by our minds or emotions without the guidance of the Holy Spirit. If our minds and emotions have not been cleansed from carnal thinking, the devil can deceive us, causing us to miss the will of God. The Bible says that as the sons of God, we should be led by the Spirit of God. Our circumstances, thinking and emotions should then line up with what the Spirit of God has revealed to us. He leads, they follow.

When we allow the Holy Spirit to guide us, we are promised that whatever we do will be successful. Our Father in heaven is all wise and He will not allow us, as His sons and daughters to be defeated. If we follow the ways of the Lord and strive to please Him, we will not live to please our flesh.



No comments: