Friday, October 26, 2007

Manage my Emotions


Look carefully then how you walk! Live purposefully and worthily and accurately, not as the unwise and witless, but as wise [sensible, intelligent people].
—Ephesians 5:15


Emotions, feelings, are a part of the soul, given to us by God. A life without feelings would be extremely dry and boring...and yet, if we allow feelings to control us, they can become dangerous and actually make us quite miserable.

Whatever God gives for our enjoyment, Satan will try to use against us. God gave us feelings to be a blessing to others and the Kingdom, but Satan tries to use them to cause us torment. He wants us to make all our decisions based on feelings, to allow our feelings to rule us.

Feelings become dangerous and tormenting when we do not understand that we have a choice of whether to allow them to rule us. How often do we feel that someone has hurt our feelings? We can make the choice whether to be hurt or not. To walk according to our emotions is to do whatever we want now, whatever feels good to us at the moment. Our future is being affected by the choices we make today. Make your emotions serve you don't spend your life serving them. Make a decision today to manage your emotions rather than allowing them to manage you.

Say This:

"I determine to manage my emotions. I will make my emotions serve me. I will not spend my life serving them."



Have a Faithful Friday

No comments: