Friday, January 9, 2009

God Usually Meets us at Our Level of Expectancy

God usually meets us at our level of expectancy. If you don't develop the habit of expecting good things to come your way, then you're not likely to receive anything good.

If you don't expect things to get better, they probably won't.

If all you expect is more of the same, that's all you're going to have.
Our expectations set the boundaries for our lives. Jesus said, "According to your faith....be it done to you." In other words, "Have what your faith expects."

Some people tend to expect the worst. They go around with that "poor-old-me mentality," always negative, always depressed. "God, why don't You do something about my situation?" they grouse. "This is not fair!" They have what their faith expects.

Other people honestly feel so overwhelmed by their troubles, they have difficulty believing that anything good could happen to them. You hear them saying things such as, "Oh. I've got so many problems. My marriage is in trouble. My children won't do right. My business isn't doing well. My health is going downhill. How can I live with enthusiasm? How do you expect me to get up and say this is going to be a good day, when I have this Big mess on my hands?"

Friends, that's what faith is all about. You have to start believing that good things are coming your way, and they will! What are you expecting in life? Are you anticipating good things or bad things, significance or mediocrity?

Are you expecting things to change in your favor? Are you expecting to experience the goodness of God? Or are you allowing your circumstances or feelings to dull your enthusiasm for life and imprison you in a negative frame of mind? You must look through your "eye of faith" and start seeing yourself as happy, healthy, and whole.

That means even when your situation looks bleak, when you're tempted to be discouraged or depressed, you must encourage yourself by praying,"God, I know that you are in control, and even though this looks impossible, I know today could be the day that things turn around.

Today could be the day you restore my marriage.This could be the day You bring my child home. Today may be the day my business begins to prosper exponentially. This could be the day I see my Miracle."

Then keep believing and watching for those good things to come to fruition in your life. You must make a conscious decision, an act of your will, to maintain an attitude of expectancy and keep your mind filled with thoughts of hope.

May God bless each and every one of you who reads this

No comments: