Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanks be to God for His wonderful gifts





Every good and perfect gift is from above,
coming down from the Father of the
heavenly lights, who does not change
like shifting shadows.
( James 1:17 *NIV )


There may be times we feel we are not blessed, times when
our troubles surround us. When we feel that way we should
take a good look around us, for then we will see many others
who have much less then we do. So counting our blessing
should be a daily event.

Now It is important to remember that our many blessings are
from our Heavenly Father. Therefore we should count our
many blessings and thank Him for them daily; Always giving
thanks to God the Father for everything,
in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
( Ephesians 5:20 )

Now the following words sums this up much better then I could!
They are the written words of an old song. I hope that you will
enjoy it as much as I do.

DRINKING FROM MY SAUCER

I've never made a fortune
And its probably to late now,
But I don't worry about that much
I'm happy anyhow.

And as I go along life's way
I'm reaping better than I sow.
I'm drinking from my saucer
'Cause my cup has overflowed!

Haven't got a lot of riches
And sometimes the going's tough,
But I've got loving ones around me
And that makes me rich enough.

I thank God for His blessings
And the mercies He's bestowed.
I'm drinking from my saucer
'Cause my cup has overflowed!

Oh, I remember times when things went wrong
And my faith wore somewhat thin.
But all at once the dark clouds broke
And sun peeped through again.

So Lord, help me not to gripe
About the tough rows that I've hoed.
I'm drinking from my saucer
"Cause my cup has overflowed!

If God gives me strength and courage
When the way grows steep and rough,
I'll not ask for other blessings
I'm already blessed enough.

And may I never be too busy
To help others bear their loads,
Them I'll keep drinking from my saucer
'Cause my cup has overflowed!

From a song by: Michael Combs

Therefore; Thanks be to God for His wonderful
gifts. For through Him all blessings flow indeed. Amen!
( 2 Corinthians 9:15 )

No comments: