Monday, April 23, 2007

Great Opportunity and Great Adversity



I thank God today for giving me great opportunities as I grow older. I once was lost but thank God, I am found, I was blind but now I see. This inspiratonal blog has given me the opportunity to share inspirational message with my family and friends and be of service to God, by keeping you uplifted through the week when you need inspiration the most. I am sturggling with adversities, but I am working my way through it. I am inspired by your comments. Some have really been a inspiration to me to continue with this blog and lets me know that I am helping someone in someway. Continue to send your comments and you can post them here on the site.

"A wide door for effective service has opened to me, and there are many adversaries."

(1 Corinthians 16:9)


As a Christian, you will be given great opportunities to step out and grow in faith. But these opportunities are also frequently accompanied by some great adversity or challenge. Why does God do that? Because He knows that nothing worthwhile is ever easy, and the same is true when it comes to His work in your life. When Jesus was walking on the water, Peter called out to Him and Peter walked on the water toward Jesus. The problem is that Peter took his eyes off Jesus and worried about the waters, so he sank only to be saved by Jesus. Peter took a great opportunity, but there was danger if he took his eyes off Jesus. You can apply that lesson to your own life, because you will have supernatural opportunities. Just be sure to keep your focus on God!


A Prayer for Today

God, I know that You will give me great opportunities today,
and I pray that I will have the faith and determination to keep my eyes on You.

In Jesus' Name. Amen.

No comments: